The National Association of Dental Laboratories (NADL) developed an online study system for persons interested in pursuing the Certified Dental Technician (CDT) or Recognized Graduate (RG) designations through the National Board for Certification in Dental Laboratory Technology
This online study system will quiz users on aspects of dental laboratory technology including the six specialties: complete dentures, partial dentures, crown and bridge, ceramics, orthodontics and implants.
While the questions in the study system are not actual examination questions, the study questions will familiarize you with the examination format and increasing the level of comfort answering multiple choice style questions. The study system should not be used as your sole source of preparation for the certification examination, but as a tool as part of your examination preparation process. The study system covers several topics from each specialty, however, there are topics that will be on the examination and that are not covered in the study system.
The CDT/RG Examination questions on the are drawn from the Job Task Analysis and specific industry available resources as listed in the CDT/RG Candidate Examination Handbook. Study of those resources should be included in your preparation for the examinations.
Use of the study system does not guarantee that a candidate will pass the examinations.
The NADL Study System costs $100.00 for NADL Members and CDTs and $150.00 for non-members and non-CDTs for 90 days of access. The registrant will be able to access the system online from any location providing they have internet access (i.e. from home, the office, the public library, etc.). We invite you to take a look at the NADL Online Study System and start practicing to become a Certified Dental Technician (CDT) or Recognized Graduate (RG)!
To improve the user experience and upgrade security, we are changing the system requirements for some Flash-based courses. Newly developed and updated courses will require Flash Player 10.3 or higher. (Additional system requirements are listed below.)
Users who attempt to run these courses without Flash Player 10.3 or higher may be prompted to install a newer Flash Player version.
Already running LearnSomething courses? Courses developed with older Flash versions can still be run with Flash Player 8 or higher and will not be affected by the new course system requirement. Future updates to these courses may be impacted, so we recommend that you update to the new Flash version.
- Check your current Flash Player version: http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/
- Free download of newer Flash Player: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/
- Flash Player won't install? Users may not have administrative rights to download software and should check with their IT department.
- CPU: 2 GHz or faster (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Memory: 2 GB minimum
- Available Disk Space: 500 MB minimum
- Display: 1,024 x 768 screen resolution (1,280 x 800 or higher recommended)
- Multimedia: Sound card, microphone, and webcam to record video and/or narration
- Operating System: Windows Vista SP2 or later (32-bit or 64-bit); Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit); or Windows 8 (32-bit or 64-bit)
- Adobe Flash Player: 10.3 or later
- Internet Explorer 8 or later; Google Chrome (latest version); Firefox (latest version)